Name:
Location: Newcastle, Ontario, Canada

Born in Toronto, a degree in Psychology at Carleton in Ottawa, ran a photography business for 10 years from a studio in Parkdale, Toronto, apprenticed with a stained glass artist, and, and, and...

Saturday, February 11, 2006

To my intrepid Allie...

So....today we bid farewell to Allie Baxter, brother of Wyatt and Mouse. Never a claw or tooth put to anything but food and scratching posts, his nature was only capable of kindness and faith in us clumsy humans. From a rough start in the bowels of a old volkswagen bug to life in our new home in the country, Allie has been my constant. He's a swirl in the cross-section of my adult life.

15 or so years old. He had a good life and when it was no longer fun we knew that Allie needed us to respect his quality of life.
But oh...he will be so missed.

Goodbye sweet Allie.

3 Comments:

Blogger fenris64 said...

I have not known a gentler creature on this earth. Allie was a being that was here to bring us back to who we realized we need to be. He is sorely missed from our midst; we do miss him dearly. Farewell.

8:13 p.m., February 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, youse. He was gorgeous - a marvellous beast. Bye, Allie. May you have loads and loads of scritches wherever you are. Love, Jen.

8:44 p.m., February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sad to hear that Allie has gone from our lives. She asked for little - and gave such love. I keep with me, lovely warm memories of Allie's morning greetings when ever I stayed with you. She was a blessed cat and I grieve her going, with you-knowing too that when the time is up, it is not fair to keep them on to please us. You did the right thing.
with lots of love, Hilary

8:55 p.m., February 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home